Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U69 part 3 - plasma powered boogaloo (Read 15722 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

U69 part 3 - plasma powered boogaloo
Jul 30th, 2024 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Hoping this one doesn't get fucked by the forum

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/update-69-preview-3-release-notes.13112...

Items have received some tweaking and new wilderness area is up with new quests. Oh yeah, new feats

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/update-69-preview-3-new-feats.13117/

Quote:
New Epic Feats
These are all Minimum Level 21, and can be taken with normal feat slots that you get at levels 21, 24, 27, 30, and 33.

Patience
        Your attack speed is reduced by 10%, but you gain +1 Critical Multiplier with all weapons.

Eerie Aim
        You gain +5% Dodge Bypass and +5% Deflection Bypass.

Paranoid
        You automatically Spot almost all traps as you approach them. (Note: This is Spot, not Search.)

Inspiring Bond
        When your Hirelings or Pets die, after 2.5 seconds they are automatically resurrected and heal to full health. This can occur only once for each creature every 3 minutes. In addition, your Hirelings, Pets, and Summons gain +25 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.

Defensive Tumble
        When you Tumble, for the next 3 seconds you take 20% less damage from all sources (except Bane). In addition, the bonus to Reflex Saving Throws you receive while actively Tumbling is now also applied to Fortitude and Will saving throws while Tumbling.

Trick Shot
        When you Tumble, you gain +40 Ranged Power for 4 seconds.

New Epic Destiny Feats
These are all Minimum Level 21 except for Titan's Blood, which is ML34. These can be taken with Destiny Feat Slots, which you get at 22, 25, 28, 31, and 34.

Titan's Blood
        Minimum Level 34. You gain a +10% Legendary Bonus to Maximum Hit Points.

Guarded Actions
        Whenever you use an Action Boost, you take 20% less damage for 6 seconds.

Arcane Actions
        Whenever you use an Action Boost, you gain a +100 Competence Bonus to Universal Spell Power and +2 to Spell Penetration for 3 seconds.

Channel Power
        After blocking with an Orb or Staff for at least 3 seconds, you gain a +100 Competence Bonus to Unversal Spell Power and +4 to all Spell DCs for 3 seconds.

Reverberating Shout
        Activate to shout at all nearby creatures, Intimidating them unless they make a Will Saving Throw (DC equal to your Intimidate skill). This works on all creature types, including those normally immune to Intimidate.

Face Me
        Whenever you use an Action Boost, your threat generation is increased by 200% for 6 seconds.

Some good feats but others seem downright trolling attempts. Hate the new casters stuff.

EDIT

Loot with pictures (credit to Zavina from mobo)
https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u69-p3-myth-drannor-loot.13128/

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2024 at 1:16pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: U69 part 3 - plasma powered boogaloo
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2024 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Its not trolling - they deliberately low ball then watch the nerds cry then buff slightly - still be shit but makes people feel good about taking shit

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2024 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 31st, 2024 at 5:37am:
Its not trolling - they deliberately low ball then watch the nerds cry then buff slightly - still be shit but makes people feel good about taking shit

"See? we listen to players feedback!!"

Some of the new feats are so bad someone on mobo compared them to skill focus: listen.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2024 at 1:26pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2024 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
It just gets worse and worse.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2024 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
See? So fucking predictable.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2024 at 12:13pm by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2024 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Summer Solstice would have been amazing before the doubleshot fuckery.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2024 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 30th, 2024 at 11:34pm:
Hoping this one doesn't get fucked by the forum

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/update-69-preview-3-release-notes.13112...

Items have received some tweaking and new wilderness area is up with new quests. Oh yeah, new feats

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/update-69-preview-3-new-feats.13117/

Some good feats but others seem downright trolling attempts. Hate the new casters stuff.

EDIT

Loot with pictures (credit to Zavina from mobo)
https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u69-p3-myth-drannor-loot.13128/

The +1 multi is bizarre, that's gonna contort builds quite a bit into using wide threat-range items. Pretty gay. Still though, anything focused on attack speed is not gonna bother. Napkin math:

15-20/x3. You miss on a 1. The "extra hit damage" per 20 attacks is 12 (or 6x2).
(19+12)/20=1.55
Then multiply by 1.15 for attack speed.
1.785 multiplier of your base damage accounting for crit and attack speed.

Compare this with taking the feat.
15-20/x4. Extra hit damage per 20 attacks is 18.
(19+18)/20=1.85
Then multiply by 1.15 for attack speed. Then multiply by .9.
1.914 multiplier of your base damage.

This is only a 7% damage increase for the penalty of---if you're not criting---doing just straight 10% less damage.

I don't know the feat is probably hot garbage for most weapon types. Maybe how the 10% less is applied is not as a .9 but I bet you it is because they are dickheads. If it was subtracting that would be not quite as bad. The multiplier would be 1.94 or a 8.6% damage increase.

Animations in DDO are fucking broken though. As I understand it 20% more attack speed is not just 20% more damage but even more than that. This goes back years ago though.

TLDR

Only take Patience (+1 multi for 10% less attack speed) if you are already using a wide threat range item and even then if your crit bypass isn't 100% probably don't bother. If your BIS is khopeshes or something don't bother.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2024 at 4:42pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2024 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 7th, 2024 at 4:40pm:
If your BIS is khopeshes or something don't bother.

It’s 2024, not 2012.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2024 at 5:15am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 7th, 2024 at 4:40pm:
TLDR

Only take Patience (+1 multi for 10% less attack speed) if you are already using a wide threat range item and even then if your crit bypass isn't 100% probably don't bother.

Came to the same conclusion but I can't help hating this feat and most of the new ones. When all is said and done the only good feats are the hp bonus (would have preferred a flat hp increase rather than % based, builds that already have tons of hp will only get even more inflated and those who would need more health would get too little) and the tank stuff. Maybe the tumblerina archer stuff too.

Caster feats are absolute hot garbage and the AS penalty for patience will be a kick in the nuts when the devs do their usual 180 and introduce new uber procs (more attacks for higher chance to proc)

I get the feeling they are just pumping out shit for the sake of writing something on their resume. Quentin style  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2024 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 10th, 2024 at 5:15am:
Came to the same conclusion but I can't help hating this feat and most of the new ones.

I agree but I'm really not seeing it being useful even in the cases mentioned. My knee jerk reaction was maybe on a wolf, where the sneak attack can somewhat offset the DPS loss, but I'm still not seeing it.

I'd agree that the feats feel like they're just tossing something out there to say they added new stuff.

Reusing Gen 3 Filigree and not adding new ones. While creating yet another loot system. No Universal enhancement tree, and the weird gimmick that is the wild magic system. I'd say this expansion feels weirdly hollow in a way.

I expect we'll see Keeper of Curses drop later in the year towards Christmas so they can try and dangle an new ED in front of us to keep folks around into next year before they announce the mini-expansion.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2024 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 10th, 2024 at 12:21pm:
I'd agree that the feats feel like they're just tossing something out there to say they added new stuff.

Have you seen some of the SSG resumes? The game basically exists to pad that shit these days.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2024 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2024 at 6:20pm:
Have you seen some of the SSG resumes? The game basically exists to pad that shit these days.

But do people in the industry know how shitty the work is and laugh at their resumes?

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2024 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Aug 11th, 2024 at 10:24pm:
But do people in the industry know how shitty the work is and laugh at their resumes?

Considering one of the better regarded (yes, that's very relative) devs got a job at this place instead of one of the bigger studios, I'll let you answer that for yourself.

Yes, that's Lynnabel.

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2024 at 10:19am by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2024 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 12th, 2024 at 10:18am:
Considering one of the better regarded (yes, that's very relative) devs got a job at this place instead of one of the bigger studios, I'll let you answer that for yourself.

A quick look at Thought Pennies tells me she jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.  They had layoffs last October and she's a new hire at a company that as far as I can tell had a revenue of approx $5 million last year.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2024 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Aug 12th, 2024 at 10:18am:

Yes, that's Lynnabel.

https://i.imgur.com/qYrncY6.jpg

Following?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 13th, 2024 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
I wonder if they're going to build hype by telling us what's in the draconic raiders reward box before it is released?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint